OKAY, who else spends at least 45 minutes on the skin care product shelves trying to read, evaluate right products to buy ? …because I AM.
There are 3 types of skin.
- Normal (Combination)
Same goes to …
- If you have oily skin then you need to find products that are less oily to help you avoid being greasy, shiny and all kinds of breakage.
- If you have normal skin or a combination of both then you need to use products that in one way or another will help balance both.
- If you have a dry skin then make sure whatever you use helps you to retain moisture.
PAY ATTENTION TO THE SENSITIVITY OF THE SKIN TOWARDS CERTAIN PRODUCTS.
If you have a tendency for sensitive skin or you are not sure of your skin type then my advice is, use particularly mild and gentle sensitive skin care cleansing products.
Try to avoid regular alkaline soap because it has a tendency of impairing the skin’s protective acid layer. Hence, use more products that have been developed for sensitive skin
Remember, stress, cold, wind or even the wrong care products can irritate sensitive skin immediately. Causing irritation and impairing the skin’s natural protective function.
BELOW ARE SOME OF MY GO TO / ESSENTIAL PRODUCTS THAT CAN ALSO WORK BETTER FOR ANYONE ELSE THAT IS FACING THE FAMOUS DRY SKIN PROBLEM.
AVEENO – ECZEMA CREAM
Very good for dry skin and allergies because it contains Oatmeal which helps to restore the skin’s normal pH balance by locking in moisture and preventing dryness. It also relieves irritation, itchiness and prevents recurrence.
Some of the benefits/facts in regard to Eczema:
- Clinically proven
- Allergy tested
- Safe for daily use on body
It can be bought Over-the-Counter; so you don’t have to actually see the doctor to get it.
It’s known for its anti bacterial properties, making it one of the very important key components to a softer and smoother skin.
It contains fatty acid which is very essential because it helps to restore the normal pH moisture balance of the skin.
It also contains 3 main important ingredients which are :
- Omega 6,
- Proteins and
- Vitamin E.
Castor Oil also treats Wrinkles .
By applying the product on your face or hands and leaving it over night, it penetrates into your skin and boosts the production of collagen essentially for a soft and smooth skin.
It works perfectly well for hair too, but that’s a story for another day.
- Massage gently on your face or body and leave it overnight for better results.
- Apply a huge sum amount onto the skin and steam for a few minutes then rinse or leave it to help your skin absorb and retain moisture for longer period.
Place hot water in a bowel and cover your head with a towel for a few minutes.
Cocoa Butter provides a deep body hydration.
A non-greasy moisturizing lotion which helps to protect the skin from the sun: excellent for use on skin over-exposed to sun or wind.
It also helps to restore and control essential moisture balance, and prevent dry skin, wrinkles, lines and ‘crow’s feet’. Soothes and softens dry irritated chapped or sun-burned skin.
Also helps relieve streched skin during and after pregnancy.
- Protects and locks in moisture to help heal dry skin
- Gentle on your skin, hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
- Reduces the appearance of fine, dry lines
- Helps protect minor cuts
- Protects your skin from windburn and chapping
JOHNSON’S BABY OIL
Enriched with natural Aloe Vera, Baby Johnson is highly known for its dry skin-soothing qualities, as well as Vitamin E, a known conditioner. It helps to form a silky barrier to prevent excess moisture loss and protect against dryness leaving your skin soft and smooth.
Baby oil acts as a good moisturizer for adults who have slightly to severely dry skin like mine.
It leaves the skin soft, smooth, hydrated and supple for hours, sometimes even days after application. … But remember too much of anything is bad for your soul haha ….so too much of oil will clog your pores.
Excellent for cuts, burns, or problem areas like hands, feet, elbows, and heels aaaaaaand LIPS because we love us some SOFT LIPS if you know what I mean..*wink*
So repeat as needed throughout day.
Some of the facts about Vaseline;
- Vaseline locks in moisture to help dull, dry skin heal with a light cocoa fragrance
- Keeps your dry skin healthy-looking and glowing all day
- Contains cocoa butter, which is known to nourish your skin
- Gentle on your skin, dermatologist tested, and non-comedogenic (won’t clog pores)
- Made with triple-purified jelly. Purity guaranteed. I REPEAT (PURITY GUARANTEED)
- Best for dull skin, cracked skin, or dry skin
- EVERY MAN’S BEST-FRIEND.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST – ROYAL JELLY (please see my previous post on the ROYAL JELLY package and its benefits) – A MUST SEE.
THANK YOU FOR COMING THROUGH . PLEASE SUBSCRIBE SO YOU DON’T MISS A THING.
OILY SKIN CHAMPS I AM PREPARING SOME JUICE FOR YOU AS WELL.
I HAVE ALSO POSTED A MORE DETAILED VIDEO ON THIS : YOUTUBE – BELZ AND BREE.